TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Marry her (and her family)
Concerned Teacher - 2014-07-14
In response to Re Marry her (and her family) (Mingxiu)

others who don't share our values of hard work, freedom, democracy and individualism

I'll concede the last three, but not the first. Most dole dossers I know up north, are born into a family where the father does not work, has not worked, and never wants to work. I'm all for welfare, for those who genuinely need it or you lose your job through no fault of your own or fall on hard times. If you don' want to work, fair enough, as a single bloke I'd even allow that. But not whole families and their next generations just leeching and getting new TV's, holidays in spain, and so on, while honest people work and struggle and earn even less, while not claiming anything and not getting any help from the government. When you work in the UK, you actually lose benefits, especially as a single bloke, sad to say. There have been well documented cases of whole families, british and immigrants, who are better off on welfare than working singles or couples....and that is just plain wrong. I'd generally say that asians, have a very good work ethic, granted there is laziness on the mainland, women standing around in supermarkets talking and giggling and looking bemused or disinterested where you ask where something is, but go to the supermarkets in HK and the girls/women on checkouts work efficiently and tirelessly...a very big difference from getting attitude from some part time kid at college who can't be arsed to even scan your items through at a supermarket in the UK. Or the way projects get done in Asia, when some people in the UK even look down on tradespeople. Asians are not afraid to hustle and work hard generally, while people in britain (not all!) are happy to be complacent and lazy and watch TV every evening.....a very sad state of affairs, and one reason the uk has lost it's "mojo" as a country.

Messages In This Thread
how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- Padstow -- 2014-07-10
Marry her (and her family) -- re -- 2014-07-13
Re Marry her (and her family) *NM* -- re -- 2014-07-13
Re: Marry her (and her family) -- foreign guy -- 2014-07-13
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- martin Hainan -- 2014-07-10
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-07-11
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- John O' Shei -- 2014-07-10
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-07-11
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- John O' Shei -- 2014-07-11
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-07-12
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- John O’Shei -- 2014-07-12
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-07-12
Re how can a poor foreigner get a girl in China? -- lao miànbāo shifu -- 2014-07-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Marry her (and her family)

Go to another board -