TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › A good place to work for - Teachers discussion
Walton in Huadu - 2006-01-21

Hello. Hey, this place is pretty good. For the most part I have no complaints. I came here with no experience in teaching, and I made it. I find that the material is easy to teach and relate to the students. Everything is laid out for you, and you have free rain to teach in the manner you like, so long as you stick to the basic guild lines of the book.
What I mean by that would be, say your support to teach ABCs, and your doing numbers instead. If you want, you could teach each letter with an animal, place or something, teach the sound, teach a song, what ever, so long as it has something to do with ABCs, and we could ask them later to write a "K" and they would know.
They are pretty good about hours, making sure you have 20 per week. If not, they give you something to do, or Office hours (just sitting in the office, maybe working on lesson plans?). Lots of times we great holidays, and such. The staff is also very friendly, and at times even helpful. hahah. They try their best, and they all have a pretty good knowledge of English.
The school provides a place to stay, which can vary from apartments to local dorms. The apartments are within 15 min of walking distance to Walton school, and the dorms of course are at Walton. The Apartments tend to be a little better though. There are computers at the school to use if you wish as well. The other things that will be provided are in the contract, and they are also good about making sure you have those things as well. Remember, if something is missing broken or other, that these are people, and to treat them nicely, and they tend to work a little smoother.
The pay is always on time, and very well accounted for, if you have worked over time, or for you bills (which are paid for you by the school out of your pay, and of course you can see the receipts)

The actual teaching varies as much as one kid to the other. most times we are teaching kids (which is nice since the "English" is simple) but our main job is making it fun, and they learn the words, sentences, or what ever. We always have a Walton staff member with us to help, and they are there to translate (not teach) and they help as best as they can.
As for the Teachers, we're a lively bunch, and we're all here to have a good time. So, come with a smile, and we'll have a party.
If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me.
Chase Cusack
chase_cusacktesol@hotmail.com

· Previous · Next Return to Index › A good place to work for - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -