TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Share Your Outsider/Foreigner Stories with the World! - Teachers discussion
James - 2006-01-21

This is an open invitation to all ESL teachers to share your outsider/foreigner stories with the world. THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY COULD GIVE YOU A SPRINGBOARD INTO A NEW CAREER AS A WRITER OF FICTION.

I am currently working on a project, selecting SHORT STORIES about foreign adventures as well as experiences of culture shock, from English language teachers who have taught in foreign lands where English is not widely spoken as a first language. THE FOCUS OF THESE STORIES IS ON THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER AS AN OUTSIDER IN ANOTHER CULTURE. Stories can be humorous or serious and they can be about positive or negative experiences.

Selected stories will be compiled into an e-book for readers from within and beyond the ESL community. I have already selected some suitable contributions from ESL teachers, but I would like more contributions to successfully complete this exciting project. If you want to start getting noticed as a writer, or if you just want to share your story with other people, please email your contribution to me.

I plan to have the e-book published in 4 months time, but I NEED TO RECEIVE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS WITHIN THE NEXT 4 WEEKS (i.e. BY FRIDAY 17TH FEBRUARY, 2006). Contributions should be good quality, well-written, final drafts, ready for publication.

Due to a very busy schedule, I WILL NOT ENTER INTO CORRESPONDENCE WITH CONTRIBUTORS.

The authors of all shortlisted stories will be contacted with the final conditions and, only if they are happy with those conditions, will their stories go into the final stage of selection prior to publication. When the shortlist is finalised, I will announce that fact on this site.

Contributions should be between 1500 and 5000 words.

Please include your name and a title for each story.

DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS. Stories must be written (or cut/copied and pasted) into the body of your email. EMAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.

Email: starstories@googlemail.com

Thanks.

James.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Share Your Outsider/Foreigner Stories with the World! - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -