TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re 11 of the 20 richest self-made women in the world are Chinese
Concerned Teacher - 2014-08-04

Agreed.

And a very annoying thing can be about being a foreigner that knows Chinese, is that the Chinese then do not know where to place you. You are still a wai guo ren, but one who knows Chinese. Thus they can no longer cheat you, as you can understand what they say. Then they will talk in local dialects or speak mandarin silently or talk about you behind your back, and yes I have noticed this to happen on many occasions. I ripped into one dumb woman who was giving "local" prices to her friend, but would not give the hairy armed big nosed round eyed whitie the same price, and so conveniently slipped into Changsha dialect so I could not understand what she was murmuring, but from her furtive body language I knew what was going on...so i told her to fuck off in mandarin, and then I never bought my fruit again from her, played her at her own stupid game.

Sometimes that is the only way the chinese can be made to understand, hit them there it hurts the most, the pocket, for as we know well, money is the most important thing to them.

Messages In This Thread
Re 11 of the 20 richest self-made women in the world are Chinese -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-08-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re 11 of the 20 richest self-made women in the world are Chinese

Go to another board -