TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need guidance
Peter - 2014-08-08

Hi all

I need some advice. I have never been to China but have married recently to a Chinese girl studying in UK. I should say that my young wife does not want to live in the UK. Pretty soon now we will be going to China, initially to attend a wedding celebration for her family. Her family who are well-off want me to work for them and say they can get all the legal requirements done for me. The thing is this, I value my independence so was thinking about teaching English which I am not qualified to do really. I do have a degree in art though..not much good eh?? My plan is this because I just do not want to work for the in-laws. I am going to ask Tesco (British supermarket) for a year's leave of absence. I am what they call a multi-skilled worker, so no high-flyer but I like it. If I can't get a teaching job, or the job doesn't last, I have told her that she will have to apply to live in the UK. She doesn't like the food and says that when we do start a family she would worry about bringing up a child in the west. Do you think that a training centre would be good for me to work in or a state school. And what do you think my chances are? The in-laws want to buy us a flat and stuff but I feel I will be owned. Must get a job..must get a job!

Messages In This Thread
Need guidance -- Peter -- 2014-08-08
Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha! -- Cobby Des Moines -- 2014-08-09
Re Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha! -- Nudgee -- 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance -- Pitbull -- 2014-08-08
Re Need guidance -- Nudgee -- 2014-08-08
Re Need guidance -- Pitbill's Mom -- 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance -- foxy -- 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance -- Peter -- 2014-08-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need guidance

Go to another board -