TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha!
Cobby Des Moines - 2014-08-09
In response to Need guidance (Peter)

I have been through a similar situation and therefore want to share my experience with you.

Pretty soon now we will be going to China, initially to attend a wedding celebration for her family. Her family who are well-off want me to work for them and say they can get all the legal requirements done for me.

That's great! You should do your best to be drunk all the time, only that will make you an entertaining person. Ask the family whether you could contribute financially to share in the costs they might have in bribing Chinese officials to get your paperwork done. They will be grateful and happily accept.

The thing is this, I value my independence so was thinking about teaching English which I am not qualified to do really.

No qualifications and credentials in China needed really. If they ever ask for a piece of paper, hand them a tissue and tell them that's a degree document from the Royal Society of Arts. They will believe everything as long as you are good at telling lies.

I do have a degree in art though..not much good eh??

Oh, that's pretty good actually - whether fake or real doesn't matter. But you should add a bit of cheese pizza to the document to make it smell better.

My plan is this because I just do not want to work for the in-laws.

Pretty good idea. Then just work for the outlaws - like panda bears, drug dealers, pickpockets, crocodiles, etc.; they all would really need your help!

I am going to ask Tesco (British supermarket) for a year's leave of absence.

For heaven's sake, don't ask and tell them! They will lock you up in their smelly WC because they can't afford to lose you since you were their dearest doorman, licking the shoes of the big boss each morning when he came in for work!

In essence, let me add that stupid questions deserve stupid answers. And I sincerely hope I could help you out.

Cobby

Messages In This Thread
Need guidance -- Peter -- 2014-08-08
Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha! -- Cobby Des Moines -- 2014-08-09
Re Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha! -- Nudgee -- 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance -- Pitbull -- 2014-08-08
Re Need guidance -- Nudgee -- 2014-08-08
Re Need guidance -- Pitbill's Mom -- 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance -- foxy -- 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance -- Peter -- 2014-08-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha!

Go to another board -