TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Some ideas for a clearer forum.
Beth - 2014-09-21

I've been thinking that perhaps the reason for a lot of the mistrust and arguments on this board might be, in part, down to the layout of the discussion boards, and I have the following suggestions for ways that could remedy some of the problems.

1) Registered usernames: The fact you can change name post by post doesn't help assuage the fears of the more paranoid members of the community. If you had registered usernames then you could be sure of who was posting, especially if there was a 'post history' attached to each users profile. I've seen this on nearly every other forum I'm a member of, it shouldn't be too hard to implement here. It would also give you a post count and user profile.

2) Streamlined threads: Make all the threads linear and chronological. Half the reason it feels like you're repeating yourself every other post is because you are! Due to the fact each thread offshoots in to lots of other discussions, which dilutes the topic, it's very user unfriendly to follow in any logical sense and leads to people getting confused as to who said what, where and when. It would help keep the core of each thread, instead of lots of little pointless mini threads sprouting and detracting from the main point.

These two relatively simple things I think would engender a lot more trust and stop things deteriorating as much as they do.

Just my suggestion.

Messages In This Thread
Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-21
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Somebody -- 2014-09-21
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Some ideas for a clearer forum.

Go to another board -