TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re LondonGirl - this person is no authority on Chinese ESL, forget her "advice"!
Beth - 2014-09-23

That's what should happen for the benefit of foreign individuals lured into those crook businesses operated by Chinese low-lives.
You have also forgotten to mention the foreign teachers who died at the hands of the Chinese TC mafia like that American a couple of years ago in Guangzhou. You have forgotten to mention the infamous Frank Zhang recruiter who has created tremendous problems to FTs who even ended up with being deported. You have forgotten to mention that masses of FTs have lost money while doing hard and honest work for Helen TEFL group in Hangzhou.
You have chosen to ignore recruiters like Yakup in Beijing who even tried to rape a female FT and who used his Chinese gang of lackeys to lock all the doors in Yakup's apartment to prevent the frightened woman from escaping.
You ignore a lot of things we all know from Chinese ESL, that has grown into a large business of crime, on purpose,

Turnoi, you are simply making my point. These are all SPECIFIC instances with specific people/places or individual (albeit horrific) incidents. I am not ignoring these things, but my feeling is that by generalising ALL places as being the same as what you mention in your post, then the truly bad places/people get lost in the mire. If you are never willing to accept that some places can be good, or some people are good to work for, then all impartiality is lost and one simply shrugs shoulders and says "If they're all as bad as each other, it doesn't matter which I go to.", Highlight the SPECIFIC bad places, praise the good. Generalising is meaningless and unhelpful.

I haven't chosen to ignore anything, the original question was not about recruiters or the Chinese mafia, it was about if learning can take place at a TC; you are just deviating from the topic in order to continue your rant about EF and anybody who has worked for them. I was balanced and rational in my response, as I am trying to be here. The problem is you cannot discuss this topic as you have tunnel vision and so there is little more anyone can say to further the discussion with you.

Messages In This Thread
Re LondonGirl - this person is no authority on Chinese ESL, forget her "advice"! -- Beth -- 2014-09-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re LondonGirl - this person is no authority on Chinese ESL, forget her "advice"!

Go to another board -