TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.
Beth - 2014-09-23
In response to Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. (Concerned Teacher)

That is your call, but I cannot stand the little horrors. I cannot think of anything worse than a class full of spoiled spanish brats. While I find spanish people amiable, it's another thing to have to teach their offspring, much as I could not tolerate teaching Chinese kids, who knows spanish kids might be nicer,but kindergarten is not for me, tried it, did not like it, would not want to do it again ever.
Quite apart from the horrific generalisations about the mindset of Spanish children, for the umpteenth time, YL teaching is NOT teaching kindergarten age. YL teaching is from 7-17 years old and ranges from A1 to C1 on the CEFR. I have a group of 13 year olds this year studying for their PET (B1) exam and another group of 15 year olds studying for their FCE (B2) and a group of 17 year olds studying for their CAE (C1), so not kindergarten.

You have no idea what teaching YL is.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to make education so divisive? Some people like teaching YL, some people like teaching adults. Both are equally valid. You would be unable to teach your conversational adult classes if a YL teacher hadn't got your students to that level in the first place.

The boys don't really have much desire or reasoning to learn english
Perhaps because you are not motivating or engaging enough? You can't blame lack of desire to learn on the student, you have to inspire them to learn, that is your job. You are clearly more interested in your female students than you are the male students, perhaps if you didn't treat your classes as a meat market (see below) then the boys might feel more engaged with your lessons.

and I like to date ex female students so getting their phone numbers is good for me. Not dating them while I am teaching them mind.
So your classes are like a buffet for you? Wonderful. You should be focusing on their education, not wondering what they'll be like in bed.
Messages In This Thread
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-22
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-09-23
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-23
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-09-24
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Walking Dead -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Walking Dead -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re: Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- BeenThere -- 2014-09-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.

Go to another board -