TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The problem of helpless helpers in the teaching profession
Beth - 2014-09-24

the teacher who turns up drunk in class his school would certainly fire him for that, it won’t be tolerated in public schools, unlike at certain training centres
The whole drunk/hungover thing came up because I related a story of a teacher who I had fired after he once turned up drunk, wearing the same clothes he left in the night before, to teach his class. CT, the teacher you say I defamed by calling him a tourist-teacher, defended this individual, said I shouldn't have had him fired and that his behavior was only unacceptable at a 'corporate training centre' and that he (CT) regularly smelled baiju on the breath of teachers working at the public school he worked for, where drinking on the job is widely accepted? http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/review/index.pl?noframes;read=60935

So who is correct, Turnoi, hmm? Is it you who says that turning up drunk is only acceptable at TCs not at public school? Or is it CT who says I shouldn't have had the drunk teacher fired as that is acceptable at public schools?!

Caught out by your own strawman. Brilliant!

Messages In This Thread
Re The problem of helpless helpers in the teaching profession -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The problem of helpless helpers in the teaching profession

Go to another board -