TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Non-native Speakers - Teachers discussion
Elena - 2006-03-01

Hola Yurena,

My name is Elena and I'm 28 yrs old as well and I'm currently applying for a TESOL position anywhere in Asia. Let me tell you girl, if you're not a native-speaker they will most likely reject you...sorry to tell you that but it's the truth. But there's a way...I became a US Citizen and even though my passport says I was born in Mexico, I said I came to the States when I was 3 yrs old, so technically English will be my native language and so they believe it but that's IF you get to the Interview level because even by looking at your name they might just assume you're not American nor Canadian, so they don't want you. So, there it is....just be ready. And by the way, I applied for about 52 positions and only got 1 true offer. All the others were scams from China....so be careful with China as well....they will take anything and anyone!

Messages In This Thread
Non-native English teacher / Please some hints on where to find jobs - Teachers discussion -- Yurena -- 2006-02-04
Re: Non-native English teacher / Please some hints on where to find jobs - Teachers discussion -- gigi -- 2009-11-20
reply to yurena - Teachers Discussion -- myriam -- 2007-06-09
Non-native Speakers - Teachers discussion -- Elena -- 2006-03-01
Just about anywhere - Teachers discussion *Link* -- Teachers Latin America -- 2006-02-06
??? - Teachers discussion -- brano -- 2006-02-08
Brano - Teachers discussion -- E Burke -- 2006-05-01
teaching in latin america - Teachers discussion -- Gladys -- 2006-02-19
hours - Teachers discussion -- Teachers Latin America -- 2006-02-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Non-native Speakers - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -