TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Unfortunately.... - Teachers discussion
Rheno747 - 2006-03-04
In response to ...be brave; face your age! - Teachers discussion (Gerard Callahan)

That's great advice, G. You sound like you have some great years ahead. Too bad some of those you run into are gonna make you miss out on great experiences
simply because you're 'old' in their eyes.

Yes, keeping one's eyes looking dead ahead is probably best.

But it's tough.

I'm on the doorstep of 40, and already I've seen people turn their noses up at me because of my age. When our own personal success depends (unfortunately) a LOT on others and their opinions of us, you bet some of us are gonna resent being marginalized just because of our age. I sure as hell would/am. Yeah, I already know it's coming. Kicking older people to the curb is the path of least resistance, I guess. I already am getting pissed of, you better believe it.

What I'd give for a perfect world.

Messages In This Thread
I, for one, am sick to hell of bias in the ESL marketplace! - Teachers discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-03-01
less is more - Teachers discussion -- Aging Also -- 2006-04-20
RE: Aging in ESL - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-05-11
The Arrogant One - Teachers Discussion -- Mingong -- 2007-03-30
Aging Teachers - Teachers Discussion -- Bob the middle aged lonere -- 2006-05-04
DR. YANNI & MR. GERARD - Teachers discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-03-04
Bias in the ESL Marketplace - Teachers discussion -- Dr. Yanni Zack- ESL Teaching Tips and Strategies -- 2006-03-03
...be brave; face your age! - Teachers discussion -- Gerard Callahan -- 2006-03-03
Unfortunately.... - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-03-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Unfortunately.... - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -