TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Cleaning up the ESL industry!
Beth - 2014-10-01
In response to Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! (MikeK)

Personally I would advise prospective students to visit http://www.britishcouncil.org/education where the student can get the information for free from a real regulatory authority and not an Association for Friends
Ooh, you want to check that with your buddy Turnoi? When I pointed out the schools I work for in Europe are affiliated with TBC he scoffed and said that wasn't worth anything and TBC carried no weight... Perhaps, then, it's not me who doesn't know what a regulatory body is! A few gems from your buddy from when I said pretty much what I've quoted you saying here in regards to TBC...

The British Council is just a government funded organization to promote UK culture

The British Council has no or only little academic recognition in education

And my personal favourite
The British Council is mostly affiliated with private businesses and cannot award degrees themselves.
because they are a regulatory body, awarding degrees is not what they are supposed to do!!

But please do continue contradicting each other, yet still patting each other on the back! It's rather amusing watching you show each other up over your lack of actual knowledge on a subject. Plus it saves me having to do it!

Messages In This Thread
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- MikeK -- 2014-10-01
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- Beth -- 2014-10-01
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- MikeK -- 2014-10-01
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- MikeK -- 2014-10-02
Re: Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- WhoKnows -- 2014-10-02
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- Somebody -- 2014-10-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Cleaning up the ESL industry!

Go to another board -