TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re On Learning Styles and other issues
yu2fa3 - 2014-10-14

You raised a few good points: However, so did the last poster. Way too many teachers, especially Chinese teachers, are totally reliant on computers, internet, hand-outs, PPT's and textbooks. And in general their knowledge of grammar is poor and their spelling is atrocious.

The point is this: Chinese teachers can't teach without technology, give them just a room, some chalk, and a blackboard, and they don't know what to do. And many Chinese universities stll only have blackboard and chalk classrooms.

My point is that if you have to rely on PPT's and audio tracks in a class, and textbooks, you are not a real experienced teacher. Technology should not be used in every class. It should be used sparingly.

Chinese teachers think they can teach just because they can use some technology: They are wrong!

Excellent post but China is a massive country and you could have been in an area where they rely on gadgets and stuff. Most of the schools I worked in the Chinese teachers would even go out and quarry their own chalk-on the South Downs I think hahaha.

I even banned electronic dictionaries. The reason was they could have been qqing; and i didn't like the disruption they bring- coming up with unsuitable words.

I worked at a training centre which used whiteboards. They used to refill their own marking pens. They leaked all over your hands. You can't beat blackboards and chalk. Anyway, I like the artistic work some students garnish the right hand side with.

Messages In This Thread
Re On Learning Styles and other issues -- SGL -- 2014-10-14
Re On Learning Styles and other issues -- Beth -- 2014-10-15
Re On Learning Styles and other issues -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-10-14
Re On Learning Styles and other issues -- Beth -- 2014-10-14
Re On Learning Styles and other issues -- SGL -- 2014-10-15
Re On Learning Styles and other issues -- Beth -- 2014-10-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re On Learning Styles and other issues

Go to another board -