TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A new type of foreigner in China?
SGL - 2014-10-15

I was talking to some friends recently and something came up: There seems to be a new trend in large Chinese cities, the very handsome, fluent in Chinese, super wealthy, well-dressed foreign man in China who is perpetually single. I've seen many of them myself. They are not gay either, you don't see them with other men.

They regularly hang out at expensive bars and cafes and restauraunts, and are always alone, and spend large amounts of money on THEMSELVES! A guy I know called them RHINO'S ( rich, handsome, high income, no options ) I questioned the no options bit.

That would suggest these men are losers, but in my opinion they are everything but.

However, why the choice to be alone? I was trying to think of some reasons.

1) Chinese women are intimidated by these men and scared to approach them. They will feel they are "not good enough" and "out of his league".

2) These guys are not interested in having GF's or wifes, maybe they just use call girls.

3) They have discovered long ago what most most Chinese and Asian women are like and deliberately choose to avoid these womem in order to protect their finances, their hard earned cash.

4) They enjoy the feeling of being unobtainable and know it must drive Chinese women crazy.

Anyway, I;m not sure, another mystery!

Messages In This Thread
A new type of foreigner in China? -- SGL -- 2014-10-15
Re: A new type of foreigner in China? -- Fifi -- 2014-10-15
Re: A new type of foreigner in China? -- SGL -- 2014-10-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A new type of foreigner in China?

Go to another board -