TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Canadian International Educational Organization, the lowest pay school in Guangzhou
yu2fa3 - 2014-10-21

Ce(Quick explanation: I am Asian by birth, but was adopted and lived in the US since I was two years old. I only speak English and have only been to US schools and universities. They fired me because of my Asian face and they decided that I could not make money for them since parents want teachers with "white" faces). I came as a full time teacher and was issued a Z visa and Foreign Expert rtificate.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. You won't remember your blood relatives speaking to you as that was abruptly terminated at the age of two. I assume up until that age you heard only a tonal language. On the bright side a good ear for tones will still be with you. I would work on that if I were you, because you'd have an advantage over the likes of me, if you decided to learn that other language. Might be good for a future career in teaching-if you have one. Yes a truly bilingual individual learns from the day she/he was born.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Canadian International Educational Organization, the lowest pay school in Guangzhou

Go to another board -