TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re DO not work at Avalon English in Idong, Pohang, South Korea
Beth - 2014-10-29

Yes, unlike myself I'll bet she does have a financial interest in a training school.
Nope. None whatsoever.

Now I also think her knowledge of how the private ESL system operates in Asia and Europe is extremely poor
Really? Because I'm not biased and actually look at each case this makes my knowledge of ESL poor? Ludicrous! I'm more knowledgeable about ESL teaching than you will ever be! Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see I have more knowledge about ESL teaching and procedure in my little finger than you have in your whole body! You wouldn't know a CAE course if it slapped you in the face! You wouldn't have a clue how to run a DOGME course, or guide a young learner through a Flyers exam! It's laughable to suggest I don't have any knowledge on this subject, only an idiot would suggest such a thing!

but that will not stop her from investing in a school, as long as there is a buck in it for her.
Never have invested, not thinking of investing. This is just the latest fallacy you have invented about me because I show you up for the fraud you are!

It makes me laugh how I am portrayed as a China hater by the likes of "Beth" and her cohorts. I've never done anything to hurt innocent Chinese people,
You portray yourself like that when you come here and post denigrating comments about the Chinese people.

but have caused more than a few problems for the owners of rubbish schools and universities.
Same here. It's only in your mind that I suck up to bosses. I do my job to a high standard and I expect the same from others; teachers or bosses. And either will feel my ire should they fail the students in any way. That I am a 'GW' is just another fallacy you have invented because you hate being shown up by a woman!

When Beth talks about "tourist teachers" she means those who don't kiss the arse of their crooked employers.
No, I've said quite plainly on many occasions a tourist-teacher is somebody who teaches in order to fund an extended holiday, not because they have a passion for teaching. It is nothing at all to do with their attitude towards their boss, but their own attitude towards teaching. I would never advocate and have never advocated the 'kissing of arse' of a crooked employer. Yet another fallacy. Please supply links or direct quotes where I have said otherwise. You won't because they don't exist! I've challenged you and your cohorts to do so several times, and none of you have because it's difficult to link to things you have made up!

Be very wary of anyone who only blames foreign teachers for the grubby state of the ESL world
Again, never have blamed just the FT... Although the standard of teaching in their classroom is very much their responsibility only. You cannot blame a school for you being a bad teacher who coasts by doing the bare minimum for your students. I have been very open about the fact I think running education for profit is bad practice and those bad schools should be closed immediately.

You never hear Beth and her cohorts talk about crappy "managers", DOS, TA's, or Chinese teachers, and there are MANY Chinese teachers who are totally useless
Not true at all! Gosh, you really do just make things up as you go along, don't you? Here you go, just in case you want proof --->
http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/review/index.pl?noframes;read=60076
and
http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/review/index.pl?noframes;read=60956

You see, I am able to back up what I say, whereas you cannot back up your lies.

I knew one ( young ) Chinese teacher whose idea of doing a lesson plan was to just copy chapters and units of a textbook and then to put it on a PPT and then into a sharedrive, and there are MANY who do such things. If foreign teachers did that they would just get fired, but she gets away with it.
And so should the Chinese teacher. I don't care who you are or where you're from, bad teaching in unacceptable and I have never said differently. Teaching standards is what I am concerned about, not where you're from. Please provide links to where I have ever said otherwise? You can't because I haven't. Yet another fallacy from you, I'm back to playing chess with a pigeon again!

I wonder what Beth would say about that? I will wait for the thundering silence from Beth. She will say nothing, as defending Chinese women is her new forte, even the greedy, stupid and lazy ones.
Yet again you appear to be having trouble with telling apart simple differences. I don't think anybody should be teaching if they are not qualified or if they are not doing what is best for the students in their care and I have never said otherwise. You are confusing this with my calling you out over your sweeping generalisations about all Chinese women having an 'entitlement mentality'. These are two different topics entirely, but then you do have trouble when we discuss specifics and not sweeping generalisations, don't you?!
Messages In This Thread
Re DO not work at Avalon English in Idong, Pohang, South Korea -- Beth -- 2014-10-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re DO not work at Avalon English in Idong, Pohang, South Korea

Go to another board -