TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!
Beth - 2014-11-02

Wrong again Beth. Maybe where you are in Europe is different ( I really have no experience there ) but in Asia there are many schools and universities that claim to be Cambridge/Oxford accredited with such and such examiners, or "Harvard" affiliated, which is total rubbish.
Again would imply I have been wrong before. I haven't.
A school that claims accreditation and a school that has accreditation are two different things. If a school gains accreditation then Cambridge will monitor their standards. If it is only a claim then obviously UCLES cannot be responsible for them. However any school that claims accreditation but hasn't earned it should obviously be reported to UCLES and. they would take steps to rectify the situation.

I worked at one place a few years ago where the students were conned into thinking their degree would be recognized internationally, it only had validity in China. This is very common in China, universities with pictures of Harvard and Oxford on the walls everywhere, but the students are so thick they have no chance of getting into even a "better" Chinese university. I also think IELTS is just another money making scam, all those crappy "Global IELTS" schools in China.
International exams such as IELTs and ESOL are recognized all over the world. Hence international. I am not, nor have I ever, mentioned fake degrees from Chinese university. You are strawmanning. Stop it. IELTS is not a money making scam, it is an internationally recognized language scale exam. You must however go to a recognized exam centre, lists of which can be found on the IELTS website, as can Cambridge centres on the Cambridge website.

On another note Beth, you really should be careful about making disparaging remarks about others. You accused me of fraud in an earlier post: I have never been convicted of fraud, I've never been involved in fraudulent activities in any country. I've never cheated anyone. Why did you say that? I don't usually sue people, but an accusation like that could land you in hot water in a place like the USA or Australia, if the victim knew your true identity.
My, my... For a teacher you really should have a better command of the English language! I didn't say you had committed a fraudulent act, I said you are a fraud. They are two different things. One is an accusation of criminal behaviour, the other is an assessment of character. You are a fraud in the sense you claim to be an English teacher but have, at best, only a rudimentary grasp of English grammar, you only have teaching experience of conversation classes in China/Asia where there is no outside monitoring of your lesson standards and you teach not through a love of the profession, but to fund a life in a foreign country. This is why I call you a fraud. Now perhaps you should go away and look up the legal definition of an accusation of fraud... Or you can continue making my point for me... Up to you!
Messages In This Thread
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Beth -- 2014-11-02
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Robert W.Knight -- 2014-11-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!

Go to another board -