TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!
Jarndyce & Jarndyce - 2014-11-02

Wrong again Beth. Maybe where you are in Europe is different ( I really have no experience there ) but in Asia there are many schools and universities that claim to be Cambridge/Oxford accredited with such and such examiners, or "Harvard" affiliated, which is total rubbish.

Strike a light man, why on earth don't you and the Turnoi dude just hold your hands up and admit that like me and most FT's we know diddly-squat about the mechanics of education, in particular ESL, compared to this Beth contributor!!?? Her knowledge!? it's mind-numbingly obvious that it far exceeds our own. The good news is this pal. To teach oral English in most Chinese universities, middle, schools, and training centers, you don't have to know diddly-squat. But you do have to speak English well and enjoy what you are doing. The main idea is to get your students speaking English and not to bog them down with grammar, western culture, or how the dudes who built Stonehenge helped evolve the language. Or any other well-meaning slowing-down-process which will help to not be able to have a chat and use the spoken language very well at all. When your students can have a decent chat, then that's the time they can move on to teachers like Beth. If my students ask me about grammar I tell them it is important but I don't know any, and in any event I wouldn't slow down your progress in oral English by teaching you any, so sit yourself down please and learn your vocabulary!

At the moment all you two are doing is if Beth says black ,you and Turnhoy are snapping back with WHITE! Or any other color apart from black. She is invariably right about ESL you must know that?

Messages In This Thread
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Jarndyce & Jarndyce -- 2014-11-02
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Walking Dead -- 2014-11-02
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Jarndyce & Jarndyce -- 2014-11-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!

Go to another board -