TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!
Beth - 2014-11-02

. I’ve also stated unequivocally that by the law of averages, there may be some TCs that are providing something of value to the students.
Precisely what I have always said!

I usually steer clear of these “debates” for the simple reason that they seem to focus on the person rather than the subject matter. Often is it difficult to separate what is being written, from the writer. Where we have a clear and well-argued rebuttal in connection with a specific issue, it degenerates into opinion v. fact.

I would have liked nothing better than to have had a decent discussion, however some on here are unable to do that. As another poster has noted, if I say black they say any colour but! No matter the topic or how obviously factual the content of my posts are, they are more concerned with trying to discredit me than actually learning something about the wider ESL world... It doesn't seem to matter how reasonable my response, they either ignore it or intentionally miss the point.

Classic example of this was a post I made in response to Turnoi's accusation of all private schools being disorganised. It addressed his accusations in depth and I attempted to shed some light on an area he knows precious little about... And shock of shocks, he ignored it completely! They don't want to discuss ESL teaching, they simply want to bully anyone who isn't as jaded as they are.

Messages In This Thread
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Beth -- 2014-11-02
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Walking Dead -- 2014-11-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!

Go to another board -