TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Arrogant frauds on ESL sites.
yu2fa3 - 2014-11-07

If her major really is English Literature, as she claims, then this is NOT a relevant degree for ESL.

Not relevant! Not relevant! English Literature is downright essential, if you want to really show your university and middle school students what they should aim for to arrive at excellence in the language. Not that every FT position in China demands excellence I should say. Take you yourself, Turnoi; a little while ago you were busy translating the works of Dickens were you not? hahaha! Wouldn't you like to pass on to select students your knowledge; the poetry and sheer beauty of dickens' narratives? I'm sorry but to say English Lit is not relevant is like speaking out of your arse, Turnoi mate.

Now I have often said that some FT positions in China can be undertaken superbly by native English-speaking degreeless heroes. However, as far as their fully qualified compatriots are concerned I would make English literature degrees compulsory.

Messages In This Thread
Re Arrogant frauds on ESL sites. -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-11-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Arrogant frauds on ESL sites.

Go to another board -