TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.
Beth - 2014-11-12

You are wrong Beth, I don't just mean young learners. There are adult students in China who
regularly participate in the white monkey shows. When people like myself talk about
"dancing white monkeys" at places like EF we not really talking about kids,
but the stupid "games" that are often played with adults at such places, and
you will know what I mean if you worked at TC's in China for two years.

1: This is a thread about teaching the under 10 age group. I realise you have zero experience of this, but it is completely different to teaching adults or teens, so this has zero relevance to the topic.

2: Games are very beneficial to classes or all ages. You bemoan only using one or two methods and then dismiss trying new ones yourself. Stop the contradictions, they're getting tiresome.

And if you also think it's crap like myself, then welcome your opinion here. I don't think
that dancing and making faces will help any young learners though
And this is based on your extensive experience of teaching YL classes, is it? Again, you dismiss, yet fail to offer an alternative.

I am wary of any school that only uses one teaching strategy or method. I also don't like any school or university that has an inflexible syllabus/curriculum in regard to English teaching ( especially at Chinese universities where I have mostly worked )
Whoever said only one method is used? I don't think you'll find that I did.
Messages In This Thread
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Beth -- 2014-11-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.

Go to another board -