TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS
ASull - 2014-11-15
In response to Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS (KY)

Well-written and made me LOL. Thanks for this post.

BRS is an acronym for Bogus Rectal Scan. I applied for a position at BRS and I interviewed
there. I also toured the campus. I did not take the position that was offered. I spent a
good 1-hour or more walking all around the campus alone before my appointment. A few
foreign faces assumed that I was a new teacher and asked what I was teaching. After a
few minutes of Q&A it was clear to me that BRS needed to be avoided. I noticed that the
senior students were not in any classes and I was told by two Chinese teachers that work
there that the seniors never attend class and that the BRS administration forges the
student records showing perfect attendance along with the grade books. The handful of
students I spoke with hated BRS and they were eager to flee as were some of the teachers
I met. It became clear to me that the woman in their English department was a psychopath
and that their human resource director was a pathological liar. They would tell a
teacher anything that they wanted to hear in an effort to try and recruit anyone with a
pulse and a white face. I did see a few black faces there which was surprising to me and
for that one must give credit since many schools do not hire black people. On the other
hand they may have been forced to hire them since no one wants to work there and they
were desperate for teachers. The bathrooms that I passed in the teaching buildings
smelled like urine and cigarette smoke. Many of the students that I saw hanging around
were burn out losers with a high degree of rebellion in them. Given the low standards
that nearly anyone could see by simply wading around in the filth that BRS is, its no
wonder that BRS takes in the low end of the spectrum somewhere near the rectum
concerning students.

I did see their two food service halls and one looked pretty good actually while the other
one looked like it was ready to be shut down by the health department.
They do have a great looking gym.

The library was above standard compared to other private schools but still a bit empty with
regard to anything worth reading.

The teaching areas were run down and very typical for most schools in China whether private
or public. Students attending BRS would clearly suffer as would teachers.
I was shown the housing that the teachers are expected to live in and again it needed to be
closed down. BRS has some of the worst teacher housing I have ever seen in 3-years of
teaching in China.

The hallways are littered with upright advertising banners of someone, I assume the school
owner, shaking hands with everyone from Humpty Dumpty to Mayor McCheese which was a
pathetic and visible sign of over kill in the hard sell department. I was also told that
their admissions director quit and walked out and that they are having a hard time
recruiting students. Given the way that the place looks and the way people hate working
there none of that was too shocking.

I did manage to get a few cell phone numbers and a few email addresses of some people that
are currently working there. As of a week ago I was told that many of their current
teachers are leaving and have already secured positions elsewhere and that they were
counting the days.

Teachers are spied on by their principal and his assistants with actual door-to-door office
checks and classroom checks and if a teacher is found not to be at their desk at a given
instant they are forced to call the school principal or face fines of 300 to 500 Yuan
for each absence. That one issue right there would be enough for me to say no.

The owner of the school held a meeting recently at that school and actually told teachers
that if they were unhappy at BRS that their being unhappy was their own fault.

Each of the teaching rooms have spy cameras and they actually jam cellphone signals
everywhere in the school.

The day that I was there I saw about 30 Chinese soldiers with machine guns dressed in
uniforms running around the school race track. Apparently the school owner lets them
train on his campus. I taught at a college once and the freshmen had mandatory military
training but these were actual Chinese soldiers with guns. I found that to be a bit
ridiculous and certainly dangerous.

I did a demo class and it was an off day for me and I had already decided that I would not
work there but despite that somewhat iffy demo session, BRS wanted to start me working
as soon as possible. That school literally bleeds teachers.

I was also told that the school owner and their human resources department make many promises
and they break them without blinking an eye.

Most or all of their teachers hate the principal and they do not trust him or respect him and
he is considered to be a joke. I met him briefly. He has a Chinese face but he said he
was from Canada but originally from Shanghai. He seemed like an arrogant prick.

A look around online turns up many postings for many jobs at BRS which is again a warning to
anyone that has been teaching in China for a even a few years. Good schools do not have
high turn over.

As far as location goes BRS is far, far, away from civilization. Maybe that is another reason
that they can get away with so much horseplay. BRS is not any kind of a real school and
that much is obvious.

It took be about ten days to find another position after looking around that pays me 6,000
Yuan per month more than BRS offered me for less teaching hours and with better
conditions. Don't work at BRS. Look around and you can find a better job in Beijing.

As a foreign teacher in China with 3-years of teaching in China I can tell you that BRS is
not where you want to work and the other posters on this forum are correct about BRS.
Its nothing more than a front for some other activity whatever that may be.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beijing Royal School (BRS) -- foxy -- 2013-04-04
Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- KY -- 2013-04-05
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- clovverhh -- 2017-06-28
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Anonymous -- 2016-12-02
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Beijiner -- 2017-04-26
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Anonymous -- 2017-06-28
Beijing Royal School Info -- Alex Gould -- 2017-05-22
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- FTinPRC -- 2017-05-22
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- EduLeader -- 2017-06-25
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- MikeK -- 2017-06-26
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- ricky -- 2018-07-13
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Francis Felicelli -- 2017-01-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- meiguorin@communistparty.com -- 2018-07-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- BRSS -- 2018-07-30
Pretend Beijing Royal "School" Sucks BRSS -- Dundee Man -- 2017-01-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Lucy Haagen -- 2015-03-18
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Sekinom -- 2015-12-16
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Tar Heel Yankee -- 2015-12-28
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- : yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-18
Re Beijing Royal School -- Lucy Haagen -- 2015-03-18
Re Beijing Royal School -- : yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School -- San Migs -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School -- Chrissy Gómez -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School -- San Migs -- 2015-03-20
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- San Migs -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Chrissy Gómez -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- San Migs -- 2015-03-20
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- BRS Scam Victim -- 2013-08-28
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Grant Holley -- 2014-12-09
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Ypern -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Peter Peters -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Mike -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Beth -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-12-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS

Go to another board -