TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › How Do You Find New Technology?
EncyclopediaPalabra - 2014-11-23

Hello, grad student here. I found out some great information from some of you on where you look for teaching information electronically. Now I am curious to know how you find, use, and share technology with other teachers. Technology can include computers, phones, and tablets sure, but also consider educational apps, teaching methods [the Flipped Classroom, for example], blogs and other social sites, MOOCs/online courses, gamification, etc.

I am not looking for how you use technology with students, but rather how you use it to find, use, and share it with others.

Some questions to consider:

1. Do you look for new trends in technology?
    2. Who do you talk to, or where do you do your research to find out about what sort of new ideas and gadgets are available?
    3. How do you share this new information with your friends, colleagues, students and their parents?
    4. What sort of budget does your educational institution provide you or your school with which to purchase new technology?
    5. How do you feel about using new technology? Would you rather stick with what you know, learn about ideas from others, wait to be trained by your organization, or do you seek it out actively?

TIA!

· Previous · Next Return to Index › How Do You Find New Technology?

Go to another board -