TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re poetry, "doin a runner"
Sludge - 2014-12-02

They are not poor, but don't own property, will have enough to live on for a year or so however.

Sorry about that malaysia air comment, it was in pretty poor taste now I look back, especially since MH370 has not yet been found, and MH17 is also still ongoing and aussies and many other people lost their lives on both flights.

About the above, I know for a fact I struggled when I went back due to not owning property. The jobcentre required me to register for 3 months before I was able to avail myself of their services, such as finding a job and getting benefits and so on. I did hear that I could just work from the get go with my NI number however. If they have enough to rent and eat then it will be ok, just not in London.

Yes, hanging around in China is a pain, but Taiwan does not really require any documents from China, you can fly straight there, rent for some time in a cheapish place in Taipei, and you will get a job sooner or later, you only need to go to HK for the work visa, in some ways more complex than China, in others, much easier and less red tape.

Good luck sb.

Messages In This Thread
Re poetry, "doin a runner" -- Sludge -- 2014-12-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re poetry, "doin a runner"

Go to another board -