TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China Teaching Opportunity
Sludge - 2014-12-02

At the moment, for EU member states on the continent there is a north-south division in matters of economy.

Agreed. I know first hand how bad things are in Spain, and they seem to be better off compared to Greece. I met Italians who tell me working outside italy is better than staying inside Italy. Germany is doing very well compared to the rest.

Then, there are places like Bulgaria we have to feed, they should have never be allowed to join in their current state.

Are they not under some special condition still, where they are member states but with some restrictions?

Places like the UK with arrogant politicians and the crap shareholder banking industry will hopfully go down the river and be left to themselves forever. British people can then immigrate to the continent for jobs, and if they are willing become proficient in the national language, they would be welcome.

Bit curious on this statement mate.I agree politicians can be arrogant, but UK politicians got nothing on arrogance compared to those of Germany, or China IMHO. Germany lecturing Russia on the Ukraine and it's human rights situation, when Germany was defeated by Russia in the war and did not extend human rights under Nazism to anyone smacks of hypocrisy to me. And Chinese politicians are arrogant beyond belief, as is the HK Chief executive who is in league with them. No fan of the bankers, I agree the bailouts were disgraceful.

Languages like Dutch,French, German and Swedish are the future of continetal Europe, and the days of English are gone by.

Perhaps in the EU itself, but outside it is another matter. I would say learning Chinese is perhaps the most useful language these days, that, and perhaps arabic. Nothing personal though.

Continental Europeans are not satisfied with fish and chips, they would normally expect more than these weird islanders so isolated from the rest of the world! Continental European standards are simply the best in the world.

Do not really see what food has to do with it. I find fish and chips quite tasty myself, when they are done right, and even though am English I prefer to eat a lot of diverse foods, but fish and chips are just a northern staple if you will, hard to tear myself away from them. The parmo technically comes from the continent as well.

Hahahahha.,...I am kidding a bit.

No worries.

Messages In This Thread
Re China Teaching Opportunity -- Sludge -- 2014-12-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China Teaching Opportunity

Go to another board -