TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Beth - 2014-12-07
In response to Re TPR (Sludge)

It's fine to not like teaching kids, it is not fine however to mock and cast aspersions about the methodologies used to teach YL classes when you have zero experience of teaching those classes.

Not that I've ever said everyone should teach YL classes and only FTs that do are real teachers... That's something you've cooked up yourself

The difference between tourist-teachers like you and real teachers like me is that I teach because it is my vocation, it's a career I chose because I love teaching and as such I have trained and continue to take part in further professional development to continue doing the best for my students. You do one lesson plan for 16 classes because that's "all my students deserve"

That's the difference, not what age group you teach.

I have 3 sets of course books sitting on my desk, a pre-int YL text book and two adult texts for FCE and CAE. I'm spending my day forward planning those classes for the easter term to ensure I'm covering the necessary elements throughout next term so they are prepared for the exam they will sit next June. That is what a real teacher does, not short change their students because they want to maximize their own free time.

To you teaching is a means to an end, that end being your continued employment in a country where you have ready access to naive and impressionable girls for you to add to your collection of notches. I teach because I love teaching and care about my students.

Messages In This Thread
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- AnotherEXEFDLteacher -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-09
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-09
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-14
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-14
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-15
Re TPR -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-12-09