TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Beth - 2014-12-08

I am not "into whiteboards" in class. Never saiofd that. If I have a blackboard, I use that or I use an overhead projector. Occasionally, I also use a small netbook for my lectures to show a ppt or PDF presentation,depending on what is available and appropriate. Makes all much more sense than making faces (not) for Graces! I am into real teaching and not into crappy edutainment; the same for SB and Sludge. Got it?

When have I ever said that I don't use a whiteboard/blackboard, PPTs or OHPs in my classes? As you seem to be implying that I don't? Of course I do, the same as I use text books, worksheets and reading and listening materials. It very much depends on what the aim of the lesson is! When have I ever said I spend an entire lesson making faces?! You don't have a clue what you're talking about!

Real teaching is not determined by your use of a whiteboard!

You are not in to real teaching and SB and SM certainly aren't either! None of you would know real teaching if it slapped you in the face with a kipper! SM uses lessons as a means to groom his female students and SB once said his classes were mainly conversational with "some grammar, like anagrams, thrown in at the end"... If he considers anagrams to be grammar teaching, I pity his poor students!

Real teachers have actual teaching qualifications, continue to develop their skills with ongoing training and research and have know how to guide their students through international certifications. They do not do the bare minimum, they do not deliver half assed conversation classes so they can get to the boozer with as little effort as possible. No, by no stretch of the imagination could any of you be considered real teachers. Tourist-teachers yes. Real teachers, no.

Messages In This Thread
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-08

Go to another board -