TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What's the point? - Teachers discussion
frank andrews - 2006-04-17

What's the point in all this, if all "we" can see is how dishonest "they" are, but can't recognize how so many of "us" are playing the same games as "them." Why is it us vs. them, anyway?
Fighting fire with fire, by being just as dishonest and deceitful as the worst of them, just won't work. The info on how to acquire fake degrees, improper visas, etc., seems so sad to my friends and me.
The whining about the conditions, too hot, too cold, slow net access, pig farms nearby, can't socialize enough, have to walk too far, I can't believe. The grass is much greener on our side of the fence. Open your eyes and recognize that.
Slamming a school, organization, person without actual first hand experience (emails on the net AIN'T first hand!) is just is just taking a cheap shot, and pretty second rate.
It seems many of us are treated poorly on an individual basis, and there's probably a reason for it. All of us are treated in ways we don't like at times, and there are reasons for that, too. But that doesn't mean we turn ESL into a ****hole of a profession.
I read about an hour ago how minority men can score just as easily as caucasion men with Korean and Japanese women. I'm sorry, but I must be stupid. Is there something to do with ESL in that thread? Or is this whole forum just a big therapy session?

Messages In This Thread
What's the point? - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-17
I Feel it is Relevant! - Teachers discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-04-18
Two options - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-18
Or, I could... - Teachers discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-04-19
Well said. - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-19
Here's the point! - Teachers discussion -- Hemingway -- 2006-04-18
Why the defense? - Teachers discussion -- Raoul Duke D.U.I., B.L.T., L.S.D., RUN.DMC -- 2006-04-18
I'm out. You can have it all. -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-19
I'm with you. - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-19
I may be here another year...... - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-19
Reasons to Be - Teachers discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-04-19
Reno and Frank: You'll Feel better - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-22
I was wrong about my real role, ultimately - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-22
Think globally, act locally...... - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-22
Reno Join em. That's my suggestion. - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-22
Nice observations. I've seen this myself. - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-04-23
I forgot to mention..... - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-18
So what? - Teachers discussion -- Ted Hamill -- 2006-04-18
What are you replying to? - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-18
Kind of like comparing apples to oranges. - Teachers discussion -- Ted Hamill -- 2006-04-19
i think you're absolutely right - Teachers discussion -- vince -- 2006-04-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What's the point? - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -