TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re ethics in education
Beth - 2014-12-22

No, what I do is give them all round fluency, which they most certainly don't just forget after class. Which is why my students can pass international academic exams and your students can't.

You're delusional if you think your 5 minute self administered oral test is in any way comparable to an international language exam based on the CEFR

You cannot fail IELTS. You can fail to get the score you want, and that is proof that your fluency is lacking in comparison to international standards.

Comparing apples and oranges...? Borrowing from the Turnoi playbook of ignorance I see. I teach kids, between 5-18 years. I also teach adults up to C2 proficiency. So yes, very much comparable to the age groups you talk at.

"teaching advanced anagrams" you mean longer words?! How do you "teach" anagrams?! It's got no academic value other than minimal spelling awareness of a target vocabulary group. It's a time wasting exercise to use it in class. I'm not focusing on them either, I mentioned your other time wasting 'supplements' too.

And what makes you an authority on what constitutes a good text book? Especially so when you are open about the fact you only want to teach conversation?! You wouldn't know a decent L2 course book from a bad one!

Messages In This Thread
Re ethics in education -- Beth -- 2014-12-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re ethics in education

Go to another board -