TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Jumping back in to ESL - is C2 too hard tho?
Leppo - 2018-08-10

Greetings all

Any advice appreciated for this old 'newbie' who after 10 years out of teaching ESL in SE Asia, and looking for a new challenge, has now been offered a job teaching C2 level to 13 - 16 year olds. not many more details yet but starts in September if Im interested - which I definitely am.

I only ever had a CELTA Pass A from 2000 and a couple of 6 - 10 month stints in schools and centres in China and Laos in 2000 and 2004 but not at such a high level.

I am confident I can get back in to the swing of the classroom (as I was a high school teacher (PE History but not ESL) in Oz for 15 years) but at 57 and being a public servant the last 10 years just wondering if this may be too big a jump back into the teaching realm.

Im a confident, willing to learn and have a go at anything but realise LOTS of changes have occured in that time - I dont want to embarrass myself or the school by accepting and being caught out.

Any views on what is needed to be a successful teacher of C2 students in particular?

Your help is appreciated
cheers

Messages In This Thread
Jumping back in to ESL - is C2 too hard tho? -- Leppo -- 2018-08-10
Re Jumping back in to ESL - is C2 too hard tho? -- Leesa Johnson -- 2018-08-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Jumping back in to ESL - is C2 too hard tho?

Go to another board -