TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding
PETER NJODZEKA - 2004-06-21
In response to To work for Africans in China is rewarding (Jose lee)

Hi Lee,

This is Peter Njodzeka..... I just want to quote somebody's message that I got from this website.... It's true that many schools in China don't know yet that English is a world language and not only native speakers... Just read it and you'll see the difference of a native speaker or some of the whites and a blacks persons when it comes to teaching...

It quotes:

I have read through all the articles on The discussion Forum and I haven't seen any one without a mistake. These mistakes MIGHT not be delibrate.They are mostly typographical errors. Take your post for an instance "Take you post".
I believe , mistakes are part of humans .There is no one that is absolutely perfect, then we should believe the saying that "to err is human.........." If I understood the context of Moses' article well.I think he was trying to talk about the activites of the so called native speakes in the classroom. Like Goto, I have had several native speakers who had taught in my school. Many of them don't even know how to teach. Could you imagine a native speaker I got from The States,all he did was to sing "Head and shoulder kneels and toe to senior grade(3) students.

Eventually , the students found him to be such a bore and they complained about him and he was fired . The most important lesson we should learn from Moses' article is that , employers shouldn't look on the basis of skin color, or on native speaking countries.But on the basis of Competency , dedication , and love for the job. Currently , I have three foreign teachers , 2 from Africa and the Other a Philipino. They are doing a great job. My students are satisfy with them.

Dear Lan, do you know there are so many native speakers in China who are not qualified to teach english in China? Do you know Chinese employers just hired them on the basis of skin color? Of course, this is not to say native speakers are not good. But sometimes they are not the best you need. I hope you won't mind that I have pointed out your little mistake. I might have made such a mistake too. Then we should know mistakes have no masters.
Thanks dear readers.

Messages In This Thread
To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Jose lee -- 2004-06-12
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Denis -- 2009-04-23
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- PETER NJODZEKA -- 2004-06-21
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Simple Guy -- 2009-04-24
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- DoS -- 2004-06-13
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Chunping Alex Wu -- 2004-07-28
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Concerned non-native fella -- 2009-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding

Go to another board -