TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can you live on your wage?
Mike - 2004-07-01
In response to Can you live on your wage? (Mike B)

> One for teachers everywhere, can you live reasonably well on your
> earnings as a teacher?

Hi,

My name is Mike and I am in South Korea teaching English. I would have to say that this is one of the highest paying countires in the world. I have just completed a year and we make about 1700 USD per month on our normal full time job which is usually M-F 2-9pm, where the real money is at is in privates, most teachers can make between 30-40 per hour and if your really good you can get 50 uds per hour. I would say that the average income of all my friends here is about 2500 usd per month. The best thing about Korea is the cost of living is very low, most schools pay for your studio apt., so rent is zero. With paying my bills, cell phone, hosue bills, phone, and going out about 3-4 times a week, I spend about 1000usd per month which lets me save about 2000 a month, but I do work a lot of hours each week. Overall, Korea has been very good to me this year and I am going to stay a few more years becasue I love it so much. Some people have very different things to say about South Korea but Pusan is a great city and works for me. Good luck Amigo.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Can you live on your wage? -- Mike B -- 2004-06-30
Re: Can you live on your wage? -- boots43 -- 2004-07-01
Re: Can you live on your wage? -- Mike -- 2004-07-01
Re: Can you live on your wage? -- DoS -- 2004-06-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can you live on your wage?

Go to another board -