TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › helping anne wang
jiuming a! - 2004-07-01

i am the owner of a midium size school in china. i wrote the other day about my new cameroonian teacher and filipinos. i give my teachers, whites and none whites the same conditions and salaries. sorry for the rush, i'm very busy, english is not my 1st language, i'll do my best to express.
i see in anne wang the common symptoms of some former troubled chinese students at my school. we have chinese students that dislike anybody that does not look like a white english teacher, specially american. these chinese students complaint all the time about the english chinese teachers and refer to them as idiots, etc. they seem to hate to live in china and be chinese. some of them even have problems with their own families because nobody speaks english at home or they can't afford to send them abroad to to study. these students have no friends, but only one other sometimes that thinks like them. they try to speak all the time in english and are very fond to learn to curse in english at other chinese. if you noticed anne has enough creativity to insult with nasty words on the internet using underscores and getting away with it. they practice this. their mind always work as chinese are not good and how to annoy and make them feel bad for who they are. they usally know more of what is happening abroad than china. they listen to english music only, color their hair, use contact lenses, they hate to see themselves in a mirror and look at somebody who look chinese, thier sleeping rooms is full of posters white none-chinese looking people, they dream with plastic surgeries to change the way the look, their face, eyeslids.etc. they feel bad because they know that no matter what they do, they always are going to look chinese and talk with some chinese accent. they also feel bad because in china they always going to be a second rated teacher making half or less than any native english speaker. the way the find to let their frustration out is by demaining others who are learning english and correcting them in a rude way.i not saying that anne is like the way i mentioned above, by the symptoms are so common. during the years i have more than 20 students with this identity problem coming to my office and tell me how bad they feel for be the way they are. i also keep in contact with other school owners and they have experiences with similar cases. sometimes the parents are the same as the students. just pretending, coursing at others in bad english. etc. maybe if you really want to help anne wang, do not support her writings here, but tell her that, get rid of her rage,using those bad words daily to refer to others, accepting who she is. i do understand your position as a native speaker in china, that you will open your heart to people like anne wang who pretend to like you immediately for no reason, but please be aware, that all her admiration towards you and other native teachers is just her way to keep her pattern of rage and hate for who she is, a chinese. about the african teachers, i dont think her problem is with them. the best for africans is to ignore anne wang.

Messages In This Thread
helping anne wang -- jiuming a! -- 2004-07-01
Re: helping anne wang -- Anne Wang -- 2004-07-02
Re: helping anne wang -- Solomon Konneh -- 2004-07-03
Re: helping anne wang -- Charles, teaching in Korea -- 2004-07-02
Re: helping anne wang -- Anne Wang -- 2004-07-02
Re: helping anne wang -- Zac -- 2004-07-02
Re: helping anne wang -- boots43 -- 2004-07-03
Re: helping anne wang -- Mike B -- 2004-07-01
Re: helping anne wang -- DoS -- 2004-07-02
Re: helping anne wang -- Mike B -- 2004-07-02
Re: helping anne wang -- boots43 -- 2004-07-01