TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › How hard is it for a Chinese Canadian to get a teaching job in Korea?
Alec Ng - 2004-07-22

Hi,

My name is Alec. I've been teaching English in Taiwan for almost a year now. Even though I'm Chinese, I was raised in Canada. My first language is English. My contract with my current employer is almost up. I'm trying to look for a teaching job in Korea. But it seems to me that there's an unmentionable requirement for most of the jobs; caucasian only! I've been sending out resumes for almost a month. Nothing seems to come up at all. I'm just wondering should I still keep looking or should I should give up?

I'm honestly interested in the profession of teaching. I'm hoping that my overseas teaching experience can help me to get into Teachers' College in Canada. In terms of salary and benefits, I'm flexible (I don't even care if I have to pay for my air-fare). I want to know what are my chances of landing a job in Korea. Thanks for your advice.

Alec

Messages In This Thread
How hard is it for a Chinese Canadian to get a teaching job in Korea? -- Alec Ng -- 2004-07-22
Re: How hard is it for a Chinese Canadian to get a teaching job in Korea? -- Chunping Alex Wu -- 2004-07-22
Re: How hard is it for a Chinese Canadian to get a teaching job in Korea? -- Victim Extreme -- 2004-07-23
Re: How hard is it for a Chinese Canadian to get a teaching job in Korea? -- Robin -- 2004-07-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › How hard is it for a Chinese Canadian to get a teaching job in Korea?

Go to another board -