TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China
Elizabeth Kiderlen - 2004-08-07

> Very Good Article!!!!

As a newly arrived teacher from the US, I am so happy to read your statements. I am relieved to see my personal beliefs mirrored in your comments. When I arrived at my wonderful university I encountered exactly what you described: disgruntled, burnt-out, uninspiring expats embroiled in spats, fueds and petty gossip. Needless to say I avoided aligning myself with any of them. With the departure of three of them, one being the biggest stink stirrer of all, I look forward to a peaceful and productive Fall Semester. Yes, there is much about China that doesn't make sense to this westerner. Thank god I'm not hired to do anything other than teach the best classes I can. For all of you good teachers out there don't be discouraged by the ramblings of those who, truth be told, came to China with hidden agendas.

Messages In This Thread
Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- Eddie Mills -- 2004-08-06
Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- DoS -- 2004-08-10
Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- Ellis E. Seamone -- 2004-08-10
Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- King lee -- 2004-08-07
Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- Li -- 2004-08-06
Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- Elizabeth Kiderlen -- 2004-08-07
Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China -- Eddie -- 2004-08-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Culture Shock -- Proper Expectations/Realizations - China

Go to another board -