TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wancheng International Education Center
Laowai In China - 2004-08-22

Here's part of an e-mail that I just received today from a former colleague, who is still working at Wancheng (which he refers to as WEIC, i.e. Wancheng International Education Center):-

Hey XXXXX,

What's going on? Just wanted to update you on the current round of attempted screwing by WIEC.

Well, I got my airfare late, and before I received it, Simon sent me an email saying that it would only include airfare through May. Obviously I hit the roof! I went through XXXXXX and got that sorted out, but when
I received my payment WIEC had deducted about 500RMB for meals at Luxian and non-existent repairs to the apartment there.

Again, I went ballistic, and basically told them that if they didn't pay me the full reimbursement within 7 days I was going to leave. Simon got ahold of me three days later telling me that there was nothing that he could do. I calmly said, "Okay," and informed him that we would be out of the apartment in three days. Simon thought I was overreacting...GET REAL!

I had already lined up several better paying jobs, but having to travel again was not to my liking, though I had something set up relatively close in Changsha. Well, that night XXXXX wines and dines me, basically
begging me to stay. (And I have nothing bad to say about XXXXX; he's a straight shooter, I think.) I met with him Thursday morning and this is what he proposed ........

So Simon, anything more to add?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Wancheng International Education Center -- Simon -- 2004-08-21
Re: Wancheng International Education Center -- Laowai In China -- 2004-08-22
Re: don't ask questions just accept -- A Chinese Employer -- 2004-08-23
Re: don't ask questions just accept -- Kim -- 2004-08-23
WOW! -- Chinasyndrome -- 2004-08-23
Re: don't ask questions just accept -- Incheon -- 2004-08-23
Re: Wancheng International Education Center -- Laowai In China -- 2004-08-21
Silence is deafening -- xi -- 2004-08-23
Wancheng -- XX7XX -- 2004-10-08
Wancheng -- Michael -- 2004-11-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Wancheng International Education Center

Go to another board -