TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › chance in a western school, possible?
breeze - 2004-10-02

Hello,

I'm from Guangxi, a province of 80% mountains 10% waters 10% fields, South China, teaching Chinese, English, and chiefly Mathematics - a universal language.

Most of the time I teach Chinese students in college.

Once in a while I've been tutoring Western high school students mathematics and chinese poetry.
It's fun, but I'm not so sure of the quality of my jobs if compared with that of a western teacher's, though some friendly parents from the USA did say: "our children and us are completely satisfied."

As more and more Western families are coming to this green-n-warm part of China in the future, I feel the necessity to get first-hand knowledge on western education, especially on maths and foreign language.
Thus, I'm looking for a chance of practising teaching math or chinese in a western country, then come back to provide better service to the western students here.

I realize it will be far muuuuuuch thornier than you native speakers of English looking for job in a school here.
So, is there anyone could help? or advise?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
chance in a western school, possible? -- breeze -- 2004-10-02
Isn't offshoring enough for you..what else do you want?? -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-02
Double Standard? Who?? -- breeze -- 2004-10-03
Eastern Mathmetician -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-03
misunderstandings -- breeze -- 2004-10-05
Reality -- breeze -- 2004-10-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › chance in a western school, possible?

Go to another board -