TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Isn't offshoring enough for you..what else do you want??
ESL_IN_ASIA - 2004-10-02
In response to chance in a western school, possible? (breeze)

Actually, if you apply to graduate school in the US in mathematics, you probably would get a good stipend and have a BETTER life than we ESL teachers in China. For the experience, Id like to teach mathematics and NOT ESL in China. Ive taken math through differential equations for my science degree. Can I find a Chinese school to pay me to teach calculus in English????

You see, why is it you Chinese think all we Western people are good for is teaching English? Do you think you have more education? I dont think so, but I doubt you would give me the opportunity to teach mathematics in China!! What a double standard. I worked with Chinese scientists and they ARE NOT smarter than the occident. I get sick of hearing this. In fact, I had to fix many problems in the lab caused by a Chinese.

Now, I dont mean this to be racist. As Im NOT implying one race is better than the next. Merely, I have seen too many jobs given to Chinese people when there are more than enough professionals in America, namely scientists that have no jobs. Why do you want to leave China, isnt it enough that all our good manufacturing jobs have gone there?? And now you want to take a job in America too. Thanks a lot pal!!!

Messages In This Thread
chance in a western school, possible? -- breeze -- 2004-10-02
Isn't offshoring enough for you..what else do you want?? -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-02
Double Standard? Who?? -- breeze -- 2004-10-03
Eastern Mathmetician -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-03
misunderstandings -- breeze -- 2004-10-05
Reality -- breeze -- 2004-10-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Isn't offshoring enough for you..what else do you want??

Go to another board -