TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need Shelter from the Storm in Shanghai
Laowai - 2004-10-03

There's a New Broom at my university in Shanghai, and a lot of dust is being swept into the eyes of the few remaining native-English-speaking foreign experts. (The school now has a penchant for hiring NON-native-speakers to teach--or, rather, attempt to teach--oral English.)

I think I can be released from my contract . . . but where to go at this point in the academic year? I'm only interested in a job in Shanghai that is authorized to get me a new stamp in my green book--a "training center" job would only add to my woes at this point. I want to stay legal.

I'm one of those relatively rare birds who actually has a teaching degree among other academic achievements. I'm culturally sensitive and students like me. But here's the rub: I'm 68---a healthy and vigorous 68, but 68 nonetheless.

Any leads? All suggestions will be acknowledged if you will be kind enough to let me have your e-mail address.

Messages In This Thread
Need Shelter from the Storm in Shanghai -- Laowai -- 2004-10-03
Non-native Speakers -- Native Teacher -- 2004-10-03
Re Non-native Speakers -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-13
Re Non-native Speakers -- Bavarian biers -- 2011-04-14
What's wrong, you ask? -- Laowai -- 2004-10-03
You may be right -- Native Teacher -- 2004-10-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need Shelter from the Storm in Shanghai

Go to another board -