TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I THINK ROBERT IS NOT AN EVIL RECRUITER!
Alan - 2004-10-12
In response to Get your facts straight (Robert Newman)

Although it is not the purpose of our talks here, to talk about individuals, but I have to admit I don't think Robert is an evil recruiter!
And if he were, he would not be the point of my message, anyway!

I expressed a general belief. Everyone knows it is a generalization, and it is not meant to be or to look true in all cases.

These days, by the virtue of the corporate lawyers writing the law for the rest of us - every word we use, can be used against us, as though it were authored under oath in the court of law!! Such is the ridiculous life in the modern Anglo-Saxon countries of ours, these days.

In the old days, people who wanted to control your life or your business, would say "See my knife?" These days they say "See my lawyer?"
The knife has change, but people have not!

I THINK ROBERT IS A GOOD GUY, LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO ADVERTISE HIS GOOD SERVICE! "SO DO ALL OF US!"

I guarantee it, that even though our Robert may was not the fully confident guy, and so, took a true generalization - personally, he does not appear to be our standard evil recruiter! Why?

1- Because an evil recruiter is normally not an ex-pat. This is assuming that it is his real name he is using here. Most ex-pat recruiters have been teachers themselves, and do know the pain of 'having been cheated' in the Orient. Maybe he has been a teacher, too.

2- Also Robert has had enough time on his hand to check and see what teachers think and say about their jobs. An evil recruiter does not care to know what teachers think!

3- Also the evil recruiters do not have much time to spend on the net - they are too busy making the big buck.

All in all, I say to Robert: I do not think that all teachers are good or all the recruiters are evil. I apologize for the statement and the generalization, just because you are a human like me, and I do follow the Golden Rule. So, I will take care of changing my statement, if I can change the message.

Also, if you are as good as you say and do work for teachers, you should be happy and help teachers unite!

Next time you write a message, you can leave your phone number, so that teachers in need of a good recruiter can call you! I say it sincerely!

Care for all of you good teachers and ex-teachers!
Alan

Messages In This Thread
Get your facts straight -- Robert Newman -- 2004-10-09
Were You Singled Out? -- Laowai -- 2004-10-10
Get your facts straight -- Robert Newman -- 2004-10-10
I THINK ROBERT IS NOT AN EVIL RECRUITER! -- Alan -- 2004-10-12
Thank you -- Robert Newman -- 2004-10-13
UNIONIZE NOW -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-10
YEAH, MAN! LET'S ALL UNIONIZE! -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-10-10
waiting and waiting and waiting.... -- Jilin -- 2004-10-10
after you yahoo -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-10
Sweet Jesus, Another English Teacher -- Laowai -- 2004-10-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I THINK ROBERT IS NOT AN EVIL RECRUITER!

Go to another board -