TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China
boots43 - 2004-06-13

Hi Tony. For me, it is a return to South Korea although I taught in Seoul before. For my wife, this is a first time out of China. I am much more worried for her sake than mine because the assumption will be for most people seeing her that she is Korean and they might expect her to "behave" Korean(whatever exactly that means). I have heard that there is a lot of hassling of white men with Korean women - before I met my wife, I dated two Korean women(not at the same time!)and never once ran into that.

Despite what some people may think, I generally like Koreans and Korea. My wife is into this for the adventure and for a chance to work outside China and we are both in it for the kids and, yes, the money.

Working in Korea is harder than in china, but then again you are paid much better- even taking the cost of living into mind. One can save more in Korea in a month than one can MAKE in China.

But the Chinese people-oh, I will miss them!

Messages In This Thread
Ups and Downs of Teaching in China -- Tony -- 2004-06-12
Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China -- DoS -- 2004-06-13
Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China - DOS -- Tony -- 2004-06-13
Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China - DOS -- DoS -- 2004-06-14
Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China -- boots43 -- 2004-06-12
Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China -- Tony -- 2004-06-13
Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China -- boots43 -- 2004-06-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ups and Downs of Teaching in China

Go to another board -