TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME
Anne Wang - 2004-06-26
In response to DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME (Peter Njodzeka)

With all due respect, I'm a fourth year student in China and will be graduating in a week time. I'm not being critical but just stating the truth.
Our university previously engaged a Cameroonian teacher and his pronunciation is terribly horrific. Believe me, we could not understand his English and he is not as efficient as he is supposed to be. I wouldn't know what lies ahead for other Chinese students, if they were to get teachers like him. I know there are many good Cameroonian teachers but I have friends from other university having the same problems like mine.

Here are some examples of his pronunciation.

"Patient" pronounce as ="par sion"
"ready" pronounce as = "ra dy"
"Batteries" pronounce as "But terries".
"Cake" pronounce as "Gakes"
"Fairy" pronounce as "Farry"

Like I said, I'm not here to criticize. We have had British, Canadians, Singapore and Australians teachers before. They do speak Standard English, not much I can say for the Australian but he is still good.

In any case, good luck to you and your teachers. Anyway, our university has decided against hiring any more Africans. Once bitten twice shy.

> Hi all, this is just to tell the employers in Asia that not only
> teachers from Europe or lets say the white teachers that speak good
> English because they are called Native Speaking teachers. Chinese
> school authorities are forgeting that a good teacher is a good
> teacher no matter where you come from. Our skin color has nothing to
> play when it come to competence. I want to tell you that teachers
> from my Organization here in Cameroon have been teaching in many
> Chinese schools for several years now and these schools have been
> asking more to replace some of their white teachers because they
> cannot teach, they are lazy, the are not friendly even with their
> students, but our African teachers are doing all that the students
> and their bosses want. So I just want to tell the Chinese recruiters
> that they shouldn't look at where a teacher is coming from.

> I have many other teachers to send to Chinese schools and I am in
> need of teaching positions, so if anybody who needs to recruit
> English teachers is here, he/she should get in touch with me and I
> will send you a qualified English teacher.

> My number is: +237-7716288
> E-mail: penjoka@yahoo.com Thanks
> Peter Njodzeka

Messages In This Thread
DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Peter Njodzeka -- 2004-06-25
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Anne Wang -- 2004-06-26
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- PETER NJODZEKA -- 2004-06-29
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- boots43 -- 2004-06-29
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Alan -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Anne Wang -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Sam Lee -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- boots43 -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Karen -- 2004-06-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME

Go to another board -