TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME
boots43 - 2004-06-27

> Alan. You made a good point. What do you think about people here
> correcting English to none-speakers who are just making a point? It
> sounds like if you are in Canada and go to a fast-food place to a buy
> anything and the cashier perfectly understands what you want, but has
> to lecture you of the correct English cuz after all English is one of
> the official languages of Canada. Your comments very appreciated.
> Sam, I'm a Chinese from TW againts all discrimations.

I won't correct your English because you have specifically asked me not to, but I don't understand why a person objects to having their English corrected in an ESL forum. When I go to a doctor, I do expect him/her to help me. Maybe, the analogy has some flaws in it, but I feel this is a similar situation. Just my idea, of course.

Messages In This Thread
DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Peter Njodzeka -- 2004-06-25
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Anne Wang -- 2004-06-26
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- PETER NJODZEKA -- 2004-06-29
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- boots43 -- 2004-06-29
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Alan -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Anne Wang -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Sam Lee -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- boots43 -- 2004-06-27
Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME -- Karen -- 2004-06-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: DO YOU NEED QUALIFIED ENGLISH TEAC HERS? CONTACT ME

Go to another board -