TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Unhelpful Thai Police... Trying to catch Paul Adler
Patricia Rath - 2004-08-07

Greetings,
For all of those interested in what has been happening with the attempt to catch Paul Adler (if that is truly his name) of ESL Asia, I did go to the Bangkok police a couple weeks ago. The first place I went to shuffled me to another station which promptly said they could not take the case and sent me and my friend to another station. The third station was the Department of Crime Suppression which told me that they could not take the case unless I had reported it to another police station already. Getting very frustrated I told them I had already reported it to the tourist police a month earlier with no result. This seemed to work a little, and the person in charge there made me a nice 'important' letter to send to the captain of another police station in Bangkok. This last week I have been trying to reach this captain, and it turns out he comes to the station at his own time, leaves at his own time. Sometimes he is there in the morning, sometimes not. And it appears that the only way to catch him is to take a morning off of work and 'hope' that this mysterious captain of the police station is there.

All keep on trying. We have a phone number to call and hope to connect.

End lesson. Unless the crime involves murder, drugs, or people playing poker, don't expect the Thai police to help you. Hence, the reason why people like Paul Adler can still cheat people so openly without being caught.

Messages In This Thread
Unhelpful Thai Police... Trying to catch Paul Adler -- Patricia Rath -- 2004-08-07
Gooooooooooooo Paul! -- Incheon -- 2004-08-08
Re: Unhelpful Thai Police... Trying to catch Paul Adler -- Old Hippy -- 2004-08-08
Re: Unhelpful Thai Police... Trying to catch Paul Adler -- Kim -- 2004-08-08
Patricia Rath and Old Hippy. -- Sun -- 2004-08-08
Reply to Sun and Kim -- Robert -- 2004-08-09
Re: Reply to Sun and Kim -- Max -- 2004-08-09
Reply to Sun and Kim -- Robert -- 2004-08-09
Re: Reply to Sun and Kim -- Max -- 2004-08-09
Re: Reply to Sun and Kim -- da yan jing -- 2004-08-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Unhelpful Thai Police... Trying to catch Paul Adler

Go to another board -