TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way?
Michael Mooney - 2004-09-16
In response to Re: Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way? (Maitu Senseworth)

Wow!! I didn't expect to elicit any responses and didn't plan to get drawn into any sort of online discussion. But, a few things I read really resonated with me.

The post I'm responding to now seemed to hit the nail on the head in terms of how I feel. And a lot of the recommendations I think I've already implemented.

The basic observation that brought about my original post was this. As a student, in classes taught by good teachers with lots resources to teach, I'm often bored and find it useless. No surprises.

But, when I talk to other foreign teachers (good teachers, people I sincerely like) teaching with fewer resources, to more students, every day's wunderbar.

Finally, I think I do an okay job, better every day. I care about my job, my students and so on, and SOMETIMES like what I do.

Note: I'm prone to exaggeration. Off days turn into hell on earth. Good days start me singing 'Time in a Bottle'. It's only to keep things interesting.

Michael M.
sinomooney.bravehost.com

Messages In This Thread
Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way? -- Michael Mooney -- 2004-09-15
It ain't China's fault -- xi -- 2004-09-16
Re: It ain't China's fault -- me -- 2004-09-21
Re: It ain't China's fault -- Miss Tick -- 2004-09-16
Re: It ain't China's fault -- xi -- 2004-09-16
Re: It ain't China's fault ... It's Xi's! -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-16
Movie -- Incheon -- 2004-09-17
Re: Movie -- Arrogant Teacher -- 2004-09-17
Re: It ain't China's fault -- Miss Tick -- 2004-09-16
Re: Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way? -- Maitu Senseworth -- 2004-09-16
Re: Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way? -- Michael Mooney -- 2004-09-16
why not leave that school -- joe -- 2004-09-16
Re: Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way? -- Elizabeth -- 2004-09-15
Enjoy pleasure with your teaching -- joe -- 2004-09-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Am I The Only Teacher Who Feels This Way?

Go to another board -