TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Tough for Africans to work in China - Teachers discussion *Link*
Patrick - 2006-02-19
In response to Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding (Chunping Alex Wu)

Hi all,
Nice to come accross your discussion. Teaching english is not the only "industry" where Africans are not welcome. In fact Chinese do not believe in our intellectual capabilities, but when it comes to singing, dancing and arts they will prefer you over others.
I have been in situations where with the same academic qualifications I have been offered a "Chinese" salary (no offense here) while my fellow friends from the developped world have been provided with expat packages.
China can't really be blamed actually, it is the same in other places over the world, in Asia and even Africa. But I believe with courage and wisdom one can find his way in this life regardless of the colour of his skin or his origin.
As for myself, after seven years in the country, I have decided to start my own biz this way I won't have to suffer from an employer discrimination.
I have launched a website, www.afroshanghai.com, I think our visitors will be glad to read your useful insights on working issues for Africans and Black people in China.
Peace to all of you and good luck!
Pat

Messages In This Thread
To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Jose lee -- 2004-06-12
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Denis -- 2009-04-23
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- PETER NJODZEKA -- 2004-06-21
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Simple Guy -- 2009-04-24
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- DoS -- 2004-06-13
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Chunping Alex Wu -- 2004-07-28
Re: To work for Africans in China is rewarding -- Concerned non-native fella -- 2009-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Tough for Africans to work in China - Teachers discussion *Link*

Go to another board -