TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher
Concerned Foreigner - 2004-08-13

> I tried to post the full name so there was no confusion as to who he
> is, but the last name was taken out. For anyone who is suspicious of
> a teacher you know, I have his passport info, but it probably wont
> show either. Js393653

> He has left China already. If he comes back into the country the
> police will handle it, but while he is outside of China, the only
> thing to do is to try to alert other teachers or schools. If you
> think it would help I can give a more detailed description.

> Im sorry, but since you are not in my position of having to comfort
> these young girls who will be scarred for life, you can't really
> understand my need to make others aware. All I can do now is to hope
> it will help.

> I am sorry that all middle aged men in china are under suspicion, but
> that is not from my one little posting. All over China & the
> world people are concerned about single middle aged men in Asian
> countries. I don't think its fair, really, I dont. I am the one who
> encouraged the school to try to trust him in the first place. i told
> them it wasn't fair to judge someone by what others do. Sadly, I was
> wrong and innocent girls have suffered. I know there are single
> middle aged men in China that are great teachers, but they must
> already realize what some people will be thinking of them.

> Don't worry about him going further underground...he's not that smart
> & he doesn't have enough money to get far.

> AND as for those local people who are concerned & even hate these
> kind of foreigners, i have to say i agree with them. Eventually they
> will realize there are different types of people all over the world.

> The decision is min, but its a risk, either way. I can't just do
> nothing. What to do?

> Still a concerned teacher

Thanks for your detailed response.

The fact that you stated that he has definitely left China then everyone is out of harms way for the time being.

Let us hope that the Chinese police will pass on the information to ITERPOL or the like because it should be easy to track the movements of a passport ID number thats if it is the only passport he possesses. If he has travelled around Asia and near by countries and if he has a previous criminal record of committing such offences he will not doubt have a way of covering his tracks. That is why he is always on the move.

One positive spin off from your posting is that in new school contracts special clauses specifically detailing the precautions all male foreign teachers regardless of age will be expected to comply with. This should be in writing and if he is found in private, (that is, not in the company and/or close location to other students or teachers), with a student he will be warned and if this warning is not heeded he will ordered to leave the school and be penalised accordingly.

This may hit home the need for tighter controls of the movements of foreign teachers who display unbecoming behaviour towards students.

What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-12
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Mike B -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher

Go to another board -