TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher
concerned teacher - 2004-08-14

Thanks alot for your advice & support. I know I feel better hearing a real teacher in his 40's understands. You are right about the weeding it out. Im sure my students would feel better knowing that more foreigners understand & are also concerned about getting rid of this kind of guy.

It really is my own fault though. I can't blame the school since he was only the 3rd foreign teacher they have had & the first older male. They see from tv that we all think about sex all the time, but i honestly don't believe that my boss thought it was anything more then talk. And he kept pretty quiet after I made my feelings clear to him.

I felt that i had been bitching about this guy too much but now I realize I should have tried harder to make the school understand that he is a dangerous person & would be considered a criminal back in our country. Regrets, regrets...but the good news is...HE"S GONE. for now.

> It can make things harder for people to get a job, if they fall into
> the "suspicious" profile, but I believe any teacher is able
> to find a job, maybe later rather than sooner.

> And once you have that job, by your good work and good behaviour you
> will build up a positive impression.

> Cases like this one should be dealt with harshly, and if it makes it
> a bit more difficult for men in their 40's (like me) to get a job I
> think it is a price we have to pay. In the long run it will be better
> for everybody if these bad types are tracked down and weeded out.

> My sympathy to your school and students, Concerned Teacher

Messages In This Thread
Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-12
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Mike B -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher

Go to another board -