TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher
concerned teacher - 2004-08-13

Thanks for your support. The owner of my school has informed the police here & I think is trying to get in contact with his friend at an embassy in Thailand. I do realize there are many many more of these types going to Thailand, but if even one is stopped then I will sleep better at night.

True about teachers who have nothing to hide. One thing about the Chinese people that i have met, they are usually very good at judging people correctly. Too bad they missed this one. Or really, too bad they made so many allowances, stocking it all up to "the foreign way".
If the good normal teachers are out there, then they will prove themselves by their own actions.

I'm pretty sure his passport is real. We have a copy of it at school. He was here for over a year (lord knows what else he was doing that we haven't yet found out about) and I did contact one of his references, and I have seen originals of his other id documents. I know he is from Oakville-Toronto, Ontario area. So, yes, his passport will be tracked & hopefully be caught before he strikes again.

Each of is is responsible for the image we portray to the people we meet in China. The good ones will just have to outnumber the bad in the future. Thanks for your reply.

> Concerned teacher, you are doing the right thing. If your school and
> the police can right away communicate with the Thai and Filipino
> embassies, so much the better. It is best to warn people before
> everything is too late. As to other males who "may" fit the
> description, what is wrong if you have nothing to hide? The burden of
> proof is not yours, but those making the accusations. Unless the
> passport number is bogus, chances of mistaken identity are few and
> far between. We are not talking about image here; we are talking
> about the safety of many young girls who are potential sexual abuse
> victims.

Messages In This Thread
Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-12
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Mike B -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher

Go to another board -